- Welcome to the 2015 Season!!
- U12B Classics win Gold at Lower Mainland Cup Also the Provincial BRONZE medalists!!!
- U14B Classics take BRONZE at the Lower Mainland Cup Another great showing from the U14B Classics at the 2014 Lower Mainland Cup!!
- Junior Classics looking un-BEAR-ably cute in Burnaby Junior Classics win Cheer competition at the Mite Championships in Burnaby
- U16B Classics off to Provincials The U16B get ready for a big road trip up to Prince George for the 2014 Provincials
- U19C District Champion Raiders After a hard fought victory Ridge Meadows in the final the Raiders emerged victorious!
- U14C District Champion Coquitlam Chaos After going undefeated in Districts the Chaos are off to Ridge Meadows for Provincials
- U18B Pitch Black on their way to Provincials The Pitch Black will represent Coquitlam in Abbotsford
- U14B Classics heading to the Provincials U14B Classics heading to North Delta on July 11-13th, 2014!
Welcome to the 2015 Coquitlam Minor Softball Season!
On behalf of the executive I would like to welcome back returning players and give a shout out to our new players. We are excited to get going this year. Believe it or not our executive has been hard at work since the 2014 season ended getting ready and I think we are almost there!
Some of the exciting news this year includes our realignment to District 6, meaning we now have Burnaby, New Westminister, and Port Coquitlam in our District. We’ve been taking advantage of some of the new City of Coquitlam practice facilities recently opened at Town Center Park and the new Poirier Forum. We’ve had a strong registration thanks in part to our Afterschool Program and expanded ‘Classics’ rep program this year. We are hosting the U14C Provincials in July and of course our Coquitlam Celebration of Softball on the April 10-12th weekend! Last year we bought new uniforms for most of the teams and this year we focused on new equipment so we should be looking good for a few years to come!
We thank you for being a part of our association this year whether you live in Coquitlam, Port Moody, or elsewhere and we look forward to seeing you around for many years to come!
In our pursuit of making Coquitlam Minor Softball a first class association we are proud to announce the appointment of Jenny McKellar to the newly created Technical Director position. Jenny will be responsible for coordinating our grass roots programs including our Afterschool Program, Learn to Play, Mini Mite, and Mite Select programs. See Jenny’s biography below!
Hi, my name is Jenny McKellar and I am the new Technical Director of Coquitlam Minor Softball Association. I played my minor ball career with the Surrey Storm Rep A organization and received a 2 year scholarship to a Division I Junior College in South Carolina when I graduated high school. In 2013, I played for one season with the Douglas College Royals under head coach Michelle Peters and I am currently pursuing my Bachelors in Physical Education and Coaching with a Specialization in Kinesiology. As well as being the Technical Director, I am also the current student assistant coach with the Women¹s Varsity team at Douglas and a private batting/fielding instructor at Elite Softball Training Centre. My passions are in youth sport participation and athlete development in the aspects of physiology, psychology and emotion intelligence. I look forward to furthering our community engagement and sharing this great sport with participants of all ages.
Please join us in welcoming Jenny to the Coquitlam Minor Softball Association!!