- U12B Classics win GOLD in SSWR 2014 U12B Classics outscored their opponents 77-7 in 6 games to win the Gold
- Coquitlam Mudd Dawgs win Gold at the 2013 Provincials Senior C Gold Medalists
- U18B 1995 Classics at the Provincials Looking good in Cordova Bay!
- U12C Chaos win Gold at U12C Regional Championships U12C Gold Medalists
- U16C Black Diamonds at Provincials in Chilliwack District 14 Runner up
- U18B 1995 Classics win Gold in Richmond U18B 1995 Classics Gold Medalists
- U12B Classics win Gold in Abbottsford U12B Gold Medalists
- U14B win Silver in North Delta U14B Classics take the Silver Medal
Coquitlam Classics U12B (Squirt) win GOLD in SSWR tournament scoring 77 runs for and allowing only 7 runs in 6 games. Great job girls. You made coaches Dave and Tim and the rest of the association very proud!!
We will post an update here if the LTP/U8 practice on Saturday. April 26th is a GO or NO GO
CURRENT STATUS (as of Tuesday, April 22): GO
This event has been cancelled. Refunds will be sent out. Sorry for any inconvenience!
Location: Pinetree Secondary School, Coquitlam
Date: Saturday, April 26th, 2014
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 pm
Instructors: Bob Hitchcock
Who should attend: Anyone who is currently a softball coach at any level or anyone who may be interested in getting into coaching in the near future!
This session will cover:
- Drills for offense, defense, base running, and basic skills of the game!
- Season, practice and game planning tips
- Communication with players, parents and umpires
- Rules of the game
- Question/Answer session
What a great weekend!
The weather was great and the turnout was as well. Thanks to the volunteers that helped in the concession, with the fields, the raffle table, and the announcing. Special thanks to Mayor Richard Stewart and the councillors who attended our opening ceremonies and judged the banner contest. Congratulations to the Firecrackers for winning the banner contest. Also thanks to Anita McDonnell for emceeing the opening ceremonies, Emma Strachan our U10 Katy Perry for singing the anthem, Bob Brown Bear (The Vancouver Canadians mascot), the Special Olympics softball program, and everyone else who was involved in making this a great event. In addition thanks to Poco Minor Softball for interlocking over the weekend as well as the teams from Ridge Meadows, South Delta, and North Langley who came and joined us!
Welcome to 2014 season!
Coquitlam Minor Softball is very excited about the season to come.
Some of the off-season highlights included a very successful Afterschool program in SD43 and the introduction of the Softball BC ‘Learn to coach’ program which trained 20 of our girls the skills to teach softball to young children. We are very proud of all the girls who were involved.
This year we are excited to host our 3rd annual Celebration of Softball, April 11-13th, 2014. Mayor Richard Stewart has been confirmed to throw out the 1st pitch this year!
We are also hosting the District playdowns this year (June 13-15), the U12C Regional Championship (June 27-29) and the U12B Provincial Championships (July 11-13)!! Mundy Park will see a lot of softball this season!
Our merger with Port Moody has gone very well and we have welcomed over 50 players from the Port Moody area this season!
So as the players brush off the dust and get ready for the thrill of competition there is only one more thing to say…PLAY BALL!